Effective Date: January, 23, 2015
Our Platform is not intended or designed for use by children under 18. If you are not 18 years of age, please discontinue such use immediately.
HERE'S THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our Services, and allows our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize their experience on the Platform. We collect the following types of information ("Personal Information") from our users:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We collect and store the following types of information on our servers only when you optionally choose to provide it to us by filling out a form or taking some other explicit action. You can choose not to provide us with any of the information below, but you may not be able to take advantage of certain features without creating an account or providing the appropriate information.
- Private Account Information: You can create an account on our Platform (your "Account") by logging in using a third party service such as Salesforce.com, Inc. ("Salesforce") or services available through Salesforce's AppExchange platform (the "AppExchange"). Your actual password is never stored or visible to us, our agents or employees.
- Payment Processing: Purchases of our Services are made only through your employer or via purchases that you, your employer or others may make via Salesforce or the AppExchange. If you purchase any Services via Salesforce or the AppExchange, those third parties may collect certain information regarding your purchase (such as your name, company name, address and location information, purchased items) as necessary to process your order, and you will be required to provide certain payment and billing information such as your credit card information and billing address. We do not directly access, store or collect your credit card information.
- Third Party Connections: You can connect to third party services, such as Salesforce and certain services available through the AppExchange, using the secure connection methods provided by those third parties. Those third parties never reveal your passwords to us and are responsible for informing you about what information they will share with us.
- Information Provided in Promotions or through Corporate Events: You may be asked to submit Personal Information when you enter a contest or sweepstakes, fill out a survey, or interact with us at a corporate event, such as Dreamforce.
- User Uploaded Information and Information Obtained about Third Parties: If you provide us with information about others, such as internal personnel lists, affiliate lists, or customer or prospect lists or other information, or if others give us your information, we will only use the information for the specific purpose for which it was provided. You understand that it is your responsibility to obtain all necessary approvals and clearances prior to using any third-party information in association with our Platform.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
In order to understand how our Platform is being used and to make it better, we also automatically receive, store, and log certain types of technical information whenever you interact with our Platform. Information of this sort includes:
- Technical Information About Your Browser And Mobile Device: This information is used in the aggregate to help us optimize the Service for common browsers and devices.
- Usage Information, Such As The Pages You Request, Searches You Conduct, Emails You Open And The Features You Interact With: This information is used in the aggregate to generate statistics about how the Service is being used and is never shared in any form that would identify you personally.
- IP Address, Tokens, Cookies, And Device Identifiers: These are alphanumeric identifiers that help us to distinguish between unique browsers and devices in order to avoid showing you the same information twice, keep you logged into our Platform and improve your experience. For example, we may receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the browser software you use, and your operating system and if applicable, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Platform. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our Platform may not work properly in that case.
- Crashes And Error Reports: If you encounter a crash or error while using our Service, we may generate a crash report that includes technical, usage and, if you are logged in, your Account Information so that we can diagnose and potentially prevent the problem in the future.
- Information Received Through Your Wireless Device: If you use our Service on or through a wireless device, we may, in accordance with the terms of any applicable agreement with the wireless device carrier (and as allowed by your privacy settings), collect certain information such as your unique device identifier (a number automatically assigned to your mobile or wireless device), device type, and information you choose to provide or share, such as e-mail address.
HERE'S HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
In addition to the specific uses discussed above, information you submit to us may be used in the following ways:
- To respond to requests that you make or to aid us in serving you better;
- To fix technical problems;
- To provide administrative services and communicate with you regarding your account;
- To monitor traffic, the number of visitors, and the effectiveness of Services;
- To provide you with updates, offers, and announcements about products, new products, services, features, promotions, enhancements, improvements or updates;
- To market our products and/or services to you, including sending you information, newsletters, e-mail campaigns, and communications regarding new, improved, or existing products or promotions;
- To provide, administer, and facilitate your use of the Platform and Service, including the display of customized content and/or targeted advertising;
- To resolve Platform problems; handle or respond to customer support questions and issues;
- To process or fulfill your request(s) and/or order(s) for Services, information, or features;
- To enabling user-to-user communication and interaction and solicit input and feedback to improve user experience;
- To manage your Account preferences, establish your profile and Account Information;
- To monitor the technical functioning of the Platform, Service, and network;
- To develop new and/or improved Services or offerings;
- To create, review, analyze and share aggregate information;
- To evaluate our Services and determine how to improve our Platform and general user experience;
- To identify, research, and protect against any actual, potential or threatened misuse, unauthorized use, or unwanted use of any of the Platform, including but not limited to researching any claims made by or about others users and/or about the Platform, and such efforts of which may include information provided from third-party sources;
- To analyze trends and user traffic;
- To market, process, or fulfill promotions administered or sponsored by us or by our partners or affiliates;
- To resolve disputes;
- To trouble-shoot errors or issues with the Platform and/or Service;
- To track purchases and usage information;
- To ask you to participate in surveys about products and services; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or the Platform and Service.
We may provide these services ourselves or share the information with partners who will provide the services for us. We may use aggregated user data to market the Service or the Platform to others.
HERE'S HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We will not disclose your Personal Information to any persons or entities outside of our company, nor lease, license, rent, transfer, disclose, disseminate or otherwise grant access to such information unless:
- You have been given an opportunity to "opt-in" and have agreed to opt-in to such disclosure of your information;
- We must share your information in order to provide a product or Service that you have ordered or requested, in which case, whenever possible, we will require that any third person or entity we use to fulfill your order agrees that it does not have the right to use your information other than to fulfill your order or request;
- When we believe in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- If we are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your Personal Information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction;
- To a third party, such as Salesforce.com, for the proper functioning of and access to our Services or to any other third party with your prior consent to do so;
- We receive a request in connection with or relevant to a judicial, governmental or legal inquiry, investigation, order, or proceeding;
- We are required to respond to a subpoena, court order, or other requirement of law, which requires disclosure of your information;
- It is reasonably necessary to enforce this Policy, or any other legal agreements;
- It is required to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule/regulation), and/or security or technical issues; or
- It is required or reasonably necessary to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, employees, any minors, members of the public and/or the Platform.
Vlocity provides Services in partnership with companies such as Salesforce.com. If you purchase our Services in conjunction with such partners, we may share your Personal Information and any information which you upload using our Services to those partners. Vlocity does not control our partners' use of Personal Information or other information that you provide and their use of such information will be in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may opt not to purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or Service.
We may also disclose information about you to our auditors or legal advisors in conjunction with accessing our disclosure obligations and/or rights under this Policy.
HERE'S HOW WE DISCLOSE AGGREGATE INFORMATION:
We may combine your Personal Information and information about your preferences and activities, with those of all or a particular group of our users to prepare collective profiles of our users and their activities for our internal use. For example, we may track the number of our users who view certain pages or use certain features or compile the total dollar amount of sales conducted through the Platform in a particular geographic region or track purchasing trends. Such information, and other information we derive from individual users' information, allows us to continue to grow and provide you with quality information through more accurate marketing and advertising of the Platform. We may share aggregated information concerning our users, without attribution of Personal Information, to other companies with whom we conduct business.
HERE'S WHAT WE DO TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE:
We take commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Information that you share and we collect and store. These security measures may include practices such as keeping your sensitive or Personal Information on a secured server behind a firewall, transmitting sensitive information (such as a credit card number) entered on our Platform using secure socket layer technology (SSL), internal reviews of our data collection practices and platforms, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Platform cannot be guaranteed and you transmit such information at your own risk; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
While we are committed to taking all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information, there are steps you can take as well; such as:
- Use only secure websites when disclosing your information. Secure pages begin with "https."
- Creating strong passwords and use them wisely (e.g.. don't use the same password for us that you use for your bank, for example).
- Never respond to unsolicited requests for your social security number or financial information.
- Do not disclose your passwords to the Platform or your Account Information to any other person.
- Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- Be careful about disclosing personal information such as your name, address, or e-mail address in discussion forums or other public areas of the Platform. Any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
- Only upload photos and other public information if you are comfortable with it being public.
HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS FROM US: Opt-Out
You can opt out of any automated notifications or communications sent via the Service by following the instructions included with each email or by contacting us with an unsubscribe request at: firstname.lastname@example.org; however our employees, contractors or agents may still need to contact you personally, for example, if you are in violation of our license or Subscription Agreement.
If we have provided any third party with your Personal Information (with your permission) and you subsequently opt-out, you will have to contact the third-party directly with your opt-out request(s).
A NOTE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
California residents have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) personal information pertaining to you and your family for that company's direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, submit a request to email@example.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" as the subject line and in the body of your message. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
HERE'S HOW YOU CAN UPDATE, DELETE, OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We believe you should have the ability to access, edit, and delete the Personal Information that you have provided to us and encourage you to promptly update your Personal information if it changes. You may change any of your Personal Information in your Account online at any time by logging in in accordance with instructions posted elsewhere on this Platform. If you are concerned about the accuracy of Personal Information maintained by us or wish to review, access, amend or correct it, or would like your Account deleted or your Personal Information removed from our records or otherwise deactivated, you may contact us with your request at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or are extremely impractical. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
HERE'S WHAT WE DO OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
E.U. / Swiss Safe Harbor Policy
In June 2000, the United States Department of Commerce and the European Commission jointly established the first "Safe Harbor" program to facilitate the transfer of personal information from the EU to companies in the U.S. while adequately protecting the rights of individuals. In 2008, the Department of Commerce and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner jointly established the second Safe Harbor program. Both programs are voluntary self-certification processes for companies operating in the US. Companies that certify to the programs represent that they are upholding privacy standards for personal information received from the European Union ("EU") and Switzerland that have been accepted by the EU Commission, the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commission, and the US Department of Commerce. These standards exceed current US privacy standards.
With respect to Personal Information about individuals located in the EU or Switzerland ("EU/Swiss Data Subjects"), we adhere to the above-mentioned self-regulatory program regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information. We have certified that we adhere to the EU/Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. For more information about the Safe Harbor Program, please go to http://export.gov/safeharbor/. We may transfer the personal information of an EU/Swiss Data Subject to a third party acting as our agent (e.g., consultants, tax advisors and preparers, accountants, auditors, lawyers, financial services and benefit vendors) if the third party confirms that it provides the same level of protection required by the Safe Harbor Principles. Sensitive information will not be used or transferred for purposes inconsistent with this Policy unless the affected individual expressly consents to such use or transfer. EU/Swiss Data Subjects will also be given the opportunity to opt out before any of their personal information is used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected.
HERE'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE CHANGE THIS POLICY:
HERE'S HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US: