Telecom Retail Stores: Still Important, but Lack Modern Digital & Omnichannel Capabilities
A recent study found that while 85 percent of communications customers begin their shopping journey online, only 15 percent complete their purchase; the vast majority of wireless customers complete purchases in store.
However, visiting retail stores can be a frustrating and time-consuming experience for customers primarily because retail store associates are not properly equipped to serve them.
Store associates often lack visibility to customers’ preferences, usage, billing and interaction histories, and struggle to make personalized plan and device recommendations. They are ill-equipped to complete customer sales journeys begun online or capture customer leads for later conversion via digital or traditional sales channels. They lack the tools required to efficiently troubleshoot common device issues and address common billing or service inquiries.
Vlocity Communications Retail applications change all of this. They enable telcos to deliver an efficient, seamless customer experience across retail, digital and traditional service channels by helping retail store associates to:
- Access comprehensive customer profile information including current devices and plans, preferences, usage, billing, and interaction histories as customers enter the store.
- Make intelligent device, plan, and accessory recommendations, then capture and fulfill in-store orders in minutes.
- Efficiently manage customer appointments and store queues, and deliver customer devices ordered online for store pickup.
- Consistently capture and qualify store leads for later follow-up and conversion.
- Quickly troubleshoot common customer device, billing and service inquiries using guided processes and easy to use knowledge management tools.
For these reasons, Vlocity today released Vlocity Communications Retail, a set of new omnichannel apps purpose-built to meet the unique retail needs of global Communications Service Providers (CSPs). This new offering, built natively and additively on the Salesforce Platform, includes intuitive customer-facing and retail associate-facing apps that can be quickly configured, integrated and deployed to accelerate CSPs’ time to value.
“Everyone and everything is becoming smarter and more connected, which makes delivering a connected experience to consumers — across web, phone and retail — a competitive battleground for global operators,” said Andy Baer, SVP, Salesforce Industries, Communications and Media. “We’ve collaborated closely with Vlocity to define this new retail offering and are confident that it will help service providers deliver unified, omnichannel customer experiences to improve customer engagement, retention and loyalty.”