Vlocity @ Dreamforce 2014
Last week Vlocity launched our first products at Dreamforce 2014 in San Francisco. Our team has been working tirelessly for 6 months to reach this milestone, and we’re proud to have achieved a tremendous launch. Here is a short summary of our first Dreamforce. We hope you enjoy the anecdotes and pictures.
First, David Schmaier and Craig Ramsey addressed over 7,000 Dreamforce attendees in person and another 20,000 over live video in an interview with Salesforce evangelist Peter Coffee on Monday afternoon. While we’re waiting for the video to be posted, here is a clip from David’s answer to Peter’s first question about Vlocity’s mission:
David said, “People tend to assume trade-offs in life…do you want a car that is low cost or one that is high quality? Do you want beer that is less filling, or beer that tastes great? Well the same applies to software…people ask do you want industry-specific software….or cloud software? industry specific? or cloud? Well, we believe you can have both. Customers want industry-specific apps, in the cloud, today. At Vlocity, we call this the Industry Cloud.”
David was also interviewed on Salesforce LIVE by Alexa Nayman. In this interview on-site at Dreamforce, David summarizes the story behind Vlocity’s founding, our company’s mission and strong partnership with Salesforce, and the opportunity we’re naming the Industry Cloud. Check out David’s interview here:
We were proud to be one of only four Titanium Sponsors at our first Dreamforce, as well as the Headliner sponsor for the Concert for Kids for the UCSF Benioff Childrens’ Hospital due to a generous donation from our founders. We are committed to giving back to our community and believe that the UCSF Benioff Hospital provides critically important services and is truly a worthy cause.
Partnering with Salesforce at these high levels allowed us to drive awareness for Vlocity and our industry-specific cloud and mobile apps in a remarkable way. In the interest of keeping a blog a blog, I’ll stick to just a few more key Vlocity highlights at Dreamforce:
- On Monday, we welcomed over 300 guests at the St. Regis Terrace Patio for our company’s debut. This was a super fun way to connect with salesforce.com executives, customers and partners,and reconnect with colleagues in the industry app and cloud computing space. We also introduced Vlocity’s now infamous and perilous Blue Cloud cocktail
- On Tuesday, we launched our new industry cloud apps built on the Salesforce 1 Platform, and we demo-ed to hundreds of attendees at our booth how we help leading organizations in the Communications, Insurance, Health and Public Sector industries benefit from industry cloud software.
- We debuted two of our industry cloud apps on Salesforce AppExchange – Vlocity Communications and Vlocity Insurance.
- Our expert Industry GMs launched their cloud and mobile apps and also presented deep dive break-out sessions in each of our initial target industries. Featuring industry business processes and best practices such as pricing quotes, billing integration, and subscriber services for communications, and policies and claims integrations to support quotes, pricing, and renewals for insurance, and full lifecycle case management for public sector, these sessions were deep dives into the value of the industry cloud. Replays for the Vlocity Communications session will be posted within two weeks. Stay tuned for that link to come.
- And, some of our industry experts like Tom Hardy, VP Communications Products, could not bear the thought of leaving Dreamforce. Tom kept demo-ing Vlocity Communications until the very end as his kiosk was being dismantled.
Without a doubt though – the real, from-the-trenches discussions and insights came from meetings on the floor, 1:1s in our meeting space, and hundreds of demos shared in our awesome Vlocity booth. Exchanges between Dreamforce attendees and our team truly inspired us to fully embrace the opportunity to make the Industry Cloud available to organizations globally.
If you had the opportunity to visit the Cloud Expo in the Moscone North Exhibit Hall, I am sure you heard the ongoing thunder from the Vlocity booth and hope it peeked your interest.
If you’d like to learn more, please contact us here.